My ears, eyes and mouth are in constant search for new recipes to introduce to my kitchen. I like to challenge my culinary skills. I enjoy cooking; but, it seems our menu is stagnant. It rarely changes. “Something new. Something new, please,” our bellies cravingly appeal. Tonight I tried something new. And, it WAS good. Easy, too. So, I thought I would share it. The dish is for serious garlic lovers. We are! It’s an easy recipe and the chicken bakes out moist and tender, grated cheese may be sprinkled on top of the breast the last 5 minutes of cooking if desired, double all ingredients for more than four breasts and adjust the amount of garlic to suit taste — to take this dish to yet another level about 10 minutes before the cooking time is finished drizzle the top of the chicken with a little pasta sauce then sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top, return to oven for about 10 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked and sauce is hot and cheese has melted, if you prefer a lemon-garlic flavor add in 3 tablespoons lemon to the melted butter/garlic mixture. You will LOVE this chicken. We do!
|1/3||cup butter, melted|
|2||tablespoons minced garlic (use 2 tablespoons for extreme flavor!)|
|1||teaspoon garlic powder (can use more)|
|1/2||teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste, or use white salt)|
|1/2||cup seasoned dry bread crumbs (can use 3/4 cup)|
|1/2||cup finely grated cheddar cheese|
|4||tablespoons grated parmesan cheese|
|4||boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|grated cheddar cheese, for top (use any amount desired, can use mozzarella cheese)|
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 11 x 7-inch pan (for 4 breasts, use a larger pan for more breasts).
- In a bowl, combine butter, fresh garlic, garlic powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cheddar and Parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Dip chicken in butter mixture; then in crumb mixture.
- Place in prepared pan and bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear (or bake covered for 15 minutes and uncover for the remainder of the cooking time).
- Top with shredded cheese the last 5 minutes of cooking (this is optional).