How to Make a Nappy Cake
Things you will need:
- To form the top of the diaper cake, roll up a diaper, starting at the ‘open’ top end.
- Wrap a rubber band around the rolled diaper to stop it from unrolling. I used hair-bands. They come in a box of 750.
- Add 5 more diapers to the rubber band.
- For the middle layer, repeat step 1. Then add a new, bigger rubber band and add about 15 diapers.
- For the base, repeat step 2. Add a very big rubber band and add about 30 diapers.
- Place the largest layer of the cake on the base.
- Remove one or two diapers and replace with a gift. Inside each layer, hide a surprise such as a coupon, a doll, some cream, or a piece of baby clothing.
- Once you have the gifts inserted into each layer, assemble the remaining tiers of the cake.
- Secure them together by carefully inserting wooden dowels through each layer from top to base.
- Add a ribbon around each layer to cover the rubber bands.
- To finish off you can wrap the in cellophane or netting, if you like.
*See photos of cakes I think are impressive here.
My other posts about Nappy Cakes:
Baby Boy Diaper Cake Pictures