I subscribe to The Simple Dollar for facile ways to manage money. They offer investment, thrift, frugality, financial management and wealth building suggestions. The typical post is straightforward, a little abstract, number oriented, un-involved & non-personal. It’s expectantly practical while it is perfectly uncolored.
But, today’s newsletter is different. It’s more emotional than usual. Surprisingly, it’s intimate and a little privy.
I like it. Per their post, I plan to live a rich life. I hope to live a rich life. And, I will start today.
Here are the ten things they suggest (and that I hope that) I to do today:
10 Things To Do Today
1. Play with a child. There are only 6,574 days between a child’s birth and their eighteenth birthday. Don’t waste a single one.
2. Keep that wallet in your pocket. Time is money and money is time – don’t spend either without a good reason.
3. Stop and smell the roses. You’re never too busy to enjoy the simple pleasures that life affords you.
4. Tell someone that they’re doing good work and that you appreciate it. Then tell their boss about it.
5. Do something you’ve never done before. You might have a hidden talent you’ve never known about.
6. Take a step towards one of your goals. You have goals, right? If you don’t know what the next step is, figure it out – that in itself is a big step.
7. Laugh out loud, and make someone else do the same.
8. Put some money away for the future. Anything at all, even if it’s just a dollar. One dollar a day starting at birth in a 4% savings account adds up to $120,000 at age 65. If you put away a bit more than that and just leit it be, you won’t have a thing to worry about when you’re old, just chasing a grandchild across the yard.
9. Tell someone you love them. Your mother, your wife, your child, a person who influenced your life a ton – whoever you love.
10. Do something unexpectedly kind for someone else, just to help them out. If they ask you if you want repaid, tell them to just do a favor for someone else.
If I can do all of these things today, and tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that – then I’m in the process of living a truly rich life.
Let’s get rich ya’ll!