They say that French is the language of love, so here’s my try at French Lovie. I am going to surprise the hubby with the foreign ring of my affection.
Time Required: Less than a minute
- Find the person you love.
- Say his or her name.
- Say je t’aime.
- The j in je is pronounced [zh] like the g in mirage, e is pronounced like the oo in good
- t’aime is pronounced [tem] to rhyme with them.
- Optional: Follow with ‘my darling’:
– To a woman = ma chérie, pronounced [ma shay ree].
– To a man = mon chéri, pronounced [mo(n) shay ree]. The (n) is nasal.
- Optional: To respond to someone who says ‘I love you,’ say Je t’aime aussi (I love you too). Aussi is pronounced ‘oh see.’
- Practice a few times before you spring it on your sweetheart!
What You Need:
- Your beloved
- A few minutes of practice