lately, there has been much ado about the upcoming release of the ‘sex and the city’ movie. I can’t wait to see it. i, too, spent many a sunday evening, dinner plate in lap, surrounded by friends, watching carrie and her cronies, weeble through life in nyc on their stilettos.
thinking back to those times, i realize not only was it good television. but it also taught me a thing or two (or 25) about life.
- no matter how ridiculous the outfit, it’s all about ‘owning’ it.
- hair and skin color should never compete.
- post it notes are not the best way to break up
- camal lights and coffee, apparently, do a body good
- cosmos look a lot better than they taste – that is, until you have three or four and then they taste as good as the look
- the candy striper, belt on bare belly, swiss miss look…..is best worn when you’re a character on an hbo hit. (this is when the ‘owning’ thing comes in handy)
- ending a statement with a question, makes everything you say sound lofty and introspective.
- people in nyc, don’t work. they brunch, lunch and meet for drinks
- there are only 4 types of women in this world, ‘a carrie‘, ‘a miranda‘, ‘a samantha‘ and ‘a charlotte‘
- when your society marriage goes south, marry your divorce lawyer
- in a pinch, toilet paper can double as coffee filter.